Risk is embedded in almost everything we do whether as individuals, organizations, communities or nations. None of us can escape its ever present reality in our lives, which for the most we are oblivious to until something happens. It is managed unconsciously and herein is the enigma of risk. It is always present, but we are unaware of its presence.
In this introduction to the world of risk we unravel aspects of this enigma.
- How do individuals, organizations, communities and nations manage that which they are not consciously aware of?
- Indeed, can risk be managed or is there an inevitability of consequence – something untoward will happen anyway?
- What is risk – uncertainty?
- Sources & types of risk – systemic, strategic, operational, health & safety, project, etc.
- Awareness of risk – why it is unseen?
- How risk manifests through cascades of events & circumstances.
- Organizational & personal awareness of risk.
- Management & mitigation of risk.
Risk, leadership, management & decision-making.
Who Should Attend?
- Directors, senior managers, managers, project managers, team leaders – anyone involved with or responsible for the management of complex functions or processes.
- Business owners & trustees of non-profit organizations.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Articulate what risk is and to be able to recognize it.
- Appreciate the criticality of personal awareness to the effective recognition and management of risk.
- Understand the ways in which uncertainty influences, personal, organizational and societal decision-making.
Course can be run in conjunction with The Processes of Risk Management course.
Contact Bircham-Global for more detail: Email